[X4U] Using Safari For FTP Access

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Tue Apr 26 08:59:49 PDT 2005

On 4/26/05 8:00 AM, "John McDaniel" <johnmcd at one.net> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2005, at 8:26 AM, Alex wrote:
>
>> However, Finder as ftp client has limited capabilities. IMHO, you'd be
>> better off using Fetch, Transmit, or Interarchy.
>
> Alex puts it mildly. In the long run, if you want to maintain your
> sanity, use a dedicated app for FTP --much better management of
> options, protocols, etc.
>
> j mcd

 I totally agree.  I already use transmit personally ... I was just curious
because many other people seem to use the Finder and I needed to know
exactly how it worked ... In case I needed to help them at some point.

Q: One thing - currently my Finder FTP is working as read only - and I am
still not able to write to the FTP folder - even though it has a right
permissions ... Is this the way is - that the Finder is read only - or is
there some setting that I do not know about?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]