[X4U] FTP Application Survey

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Tue Apr 26 09:41:11 PDT 2005

I would like to take a quick survey to find out what your favorite FTP
application is such as ... Finder - Fetch - Transmit - Interarchy - Cute FTP
etc.

Personally - I am currently using transmit but many of the applications seem
to have their own set of drawbacks...

- For example -  transmit bookmarks to not automatically sort -  which can
definitely be a problem when you have a ton of them ( such as a Web host
might have).

Interarchy works well - but has one annoying feature -  when you up load
from the server to your personal machine - it will not overwrite the old
files - and simply rename them like myfile#1 myfile#2 etc... This is crazy
and totally silly for Web programmers who rely on the file names for
reference links. And in a professional situation working with multiple
designers ... It would be common practice to grab the newest files from the
Web...  I wrote to the owner - and he said he would not ever change this
feature ... go figure...

- So I'm curious what your FTP preferences are?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]