[X4U] they are here

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Apr 27 08:56:26 PDT 2005

>So now dual 2.3 GHz (+600 MHz total) can be had without the plumbing
>and still 8 RAM slots. Anyone know if they really support 2 and 4 GB
>sticks? The 2 GHz now only has 4 RAM slots and slow PCI. What a
>downgrade! So our older dual 2 GHz models are going to retain their
>value for sure.

It's interesting to see how long Mac's can remain virtually current.
I was just thinking about this with my G4/450 AGP, and now with my
year and a half old Dual 2Ghz G5.

It is also really wild to see how they cripple systems as they move
down the price ladder.  The sad thing is, most people no doubt buy
them thinking they're getting basically the same system that was
available a short while before for more, when they're not.

			Zane