[X4U] Skype using Plantronics headset on Satellite ADSL

Roy van der Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Thu Apr 28 09:08:37 PDT 2005

I recently leant a friend my Plantonics headset to test using Skype on
his Windoze machine. In the interim I ugraded to 10.3.9 and had a
Satellite ADSL link installed. Now when using Skype, the other party
can hear me, but I cannot hear them. Has anybody else had a problem
using similar headsets on Skype using 10.3.9? Could it be the Satellite
ADSL link? Could the evil South African Telkom monopoly be blocking
voice incoming on their service?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Regards,

Roy