[X4U] importing audio CD as AIFF

John Lyon jelyon at mac.com
Thu Apr 28 19:29:42 PDT 2005

IRT A:

In the real world, it doesn't matter much - if at all. CDDB will still
identify the disc - or give you several choices; one of which is almost
certainly the right choice.

IRT 2:

Again, in the real world, it doesn't matter much.

IIRC, the original question was how to create an original so the TOC is
maintained. I maintain it doesn't matter - a new TOC will be generated,
which will be close enough for CDDB to accurately id the disc with the new
TOC. And I'm remembering I have converted tapes to CD, and the TOC has been
close enough for CDDB to accurately ID the resulting CD.

On 4/28/05 3:33 PM, "DZ-Jay" <dz at caribe.net> either wrote, forwarded or
quoted:

> Well, you might have an exact copy of each track, but not of the
> original disc, which means that the TOC will be recreated based on the
> information extracted, and the magic number might be different.

2:

--
JEL