[X4U] iTunes: How to know if a playlist fits on a CD

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Fri Apr 29 02:52:11 PDT 2005

Hello:
	I am using iTunes 4, and have all my songs imported as Apple Lossless
Encoder (ALE) files.  I want to burn a few playlists to CDs (as Audio
CDs), and I would like to know how to tell if a playlist fits on a CD.
iTunes gives me the size of the playlist, of course, but since I'm
using ALE, which is roughly half the size of an AIFF file, a 700 MB CD
might will not fit 700 MB of ALE files (as I assume that the ALE files
will be decompressed prior to burning, no?).

	Right now, I go roughly by the playtime (if it says 1.1 hr. or less, I
assume it'll fit), and I could compute twice the size of the playlist
as an approximation of its size in AIFF, but is there a more accurate
way?

	dZ.

--
On a clear disk, you can seek forever.