[X4U] Tiger fight

Andy Swanson swansoac at uwec.edu
Fri Apr 29 08:04:30 PDT 2005

This is the part that gets me: Jobs announced Tiger when? Wasn't it
last summer? Tiger Direct has had something like nine months to say,
"Hey! They're infringing on our trademark." When do they finally get
around to suing? The day before release. If they were really concerned
about their trademark, wouldn't they have done something sooner? It
stinks of publicity stunt to me (or worse, a frivolous lawsuit).

As far as this search engine thing is concerned, why would anyone be
searching for computer hardware under the search term "Tiger" unless
they already knew about Tiger Direct? If anything, I'd think it might
help them by getting people to put the word computer and the word tiger
together in a search engine.

   Andy