[X4U] Tiger on older Mac?

Gretchen Hayman gretchen at sedl.org
Fri Apr 29 09:00:01 PDT 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 21:19, Kunga wrote:
> I think 512 would be inadequate.

Interesting, I would disagree.  I think that 512MB is adequate if
you're not doing serious graphics work or such.  The only time I think
about more RAM is when I'm using Photoshop Elements 3 (or whatever its
called these days).

I have a TiBook 667 with 512MB RAM and installed (my Apple-shipped copy
of) Tiger last night.  Backed up first, then just did an Archive and
Install.  I didn't notice any difference in speed from Panther.3.9 for
Mail or any of the apps I played with.  I haven't really had time to
stress-test it yet, but that will happen this weekend.  I just had to
apply a couple of third-party software updates (Clear Dock and APE),
change my login photo, and I that's it.  After reading on MacFixit
about all the issues that folks have been having, I was more than a
little worried about installing Tiger.  So far, I have not had any of
the problems mentioned there.  *touch wood*

Just my first impressions.

--
gretchen