[X4U] importing audio CD as AIFF

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Sat Apr 30 08:23:20 PDT 2005

On Apr 30, 2005, at 11:18, Kirk McElhearn wrote:

> If that were the case, then why would they be in such a tiff about
> file-sharing? Because it _is_ an exact digital copy of the music.

I'm sorry, but that is a moot point.  "They" are in a tiff even over
MP3 files distributed via p2p networks, even the poor quality, low
bitrate ones.  And I'm sure you won't argue that those are perfect
exact digital copies of the original CD... :)

They're even in a tiff over camcoder recordings of movies in theaters,
and those are reaaaaaaaaaaaaally awful quality.  Their point is not
distribution of perfect copies (that's a red herring for the benefit of
politians), but of *any* distribution that is not controlled by them,
that people are willing to accept.

But I digress...  Maybe we should just agree to disagree? :)

	dZ.