[X4U] 2 iTunes Questions

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sat Apr 30 11:01:42 PDT 2005

(these questions got lost in a recent thread - so I thought I would re-post
them here)

 iTunes 4.7.1

I have an iTunes related question ... It seems as though when I add one of
my personal -  homemade 44.1 AIFF song mixes to iTunes -  then I am able to
add in all the related id3 type tag info to the AIFF ...

Q:   An mp3 has specific id3 tag info built into it ... However - AFIK - an
AIFF doesn't have anything like this... So - where and how does it store
this data? What about .wav files - do they also store this information?

 === ALSO ===

Recently - I was at a friend's house - and he put in a store-bought CD -
into iTunes (while he was on line) - and I noticed that iTunes did not
automatically get the track names - like I believe it used to -  and I had
to do this manually under the Advanced tab...

 I checked the iTunes preferences - and did not see any way to make this
automatic ... Am I missing something?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com