[X4U] Tiger Requires Eudora 6.2.1

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 30 15:15:33 PDT 2005

On 04/30/05, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
> At 11:15 AM -0700 4/30/05, John Baltutis wrote:
>>On 04/30/05, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
>>  > FYI, it looks like if you're running Eudora as your email client you
>>>  need to update to V6.2.1.  I hadn't bothered, and Eudora would
>>>  collect the email, but would crash on most messages I tried to open.
>>>  Very disturbing.  Installing 6.2.1 appears to have fixed the problem
>>  > at this point.
>>
>>Humbug! I've been running Eudora 5.2.1 on Tiger for the past six months.
>
> Isn't 5.2.1 a classic app?

Nope. There were versions for both OS X and Classic. They're available at
<http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2350hq.html>. 5.1.1 was the first OS
X version.

> This morning with 6.2 almost every time I
> opened a message Eudora would crash.  I upgraded to 6.2.1 and this
> stopped, however, I've had it crash once while writing an email.

Then, your installation has problems. I haven't had Eudora 5.2.1 crash in
ages. You might try moving the com.qualcomm.eudora.plist and the Eudora
XXXX  OSX.plist files to the desktop, relaunching Eudora, and see if that
fixes things.