[X4U] Using my Mac on a PC network

Alan Holt alan at xlargenz.co.nz
Sat Apr 30 20:38:31 PDT 2005

Hi there
I am working a couple of days a week at a PC based office. On my 1st day I
plugged my Mac laptop onto the network using an ethernet cable. I was able
to get on the network right away using the Network Systems Preference and
asking it to 'assist me'. Now all was fine and dandy for a few hours until I
tried to access a shared drive on the net and I guess from some mistake I
made I managed to get booted off the network. I have been unable to get back
on the network since even when I do exactly what I had done previously to
get on. Where previously the link up was automatic it now asks for a static
address. Using what addresses I can find in the PC that would normally be in
the network on that location I finds that it still does not work. When I
have ichat on in the background while I attempt to get on the network it
beeps for a split second like it has just gone on line but when I check it
it is definitely not. It seems like perhaps it does go on line for a split
second but something kicks us off. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? (I am
using 10.3.5 if that is of any help)

Thanks for any ideas you could give me.

Cheers!

Alan