[X4U] Tiger Mail, SmartFolders or Rules?

Eric Prentice ep at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Sat Apr 30 22:30:56 PDT 2005

In mail I've made extensive use of rules. Over 100 of them sorting
all my new mail into bunches of folders based on criteria like what
company the message is coming from, if the sender is in my address
book, what account the mail is coming from.

I'm wondering if it make sense to convert the rules that are simply
putting the messages into a certain folder into Smart Folders.

In one sense, it seems like smart folders would be a better way to
keep things clean and speed up the processing of incoming mail. On
the flip side, it seems a little crazy to have all my mail sitting in
one folder.

Any thoughts?

Eric