[X4U] Updating to 10.4.2: yes or no? Mixed feeelings

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 13:40:50 PDT 2005

If you already have 10.4, I definitely recommend updating to 10.4.2. I can't
speak to any speed increases, but there are a lot of improvements over and
under the hood (especially regarding Dashboard widgets).

One way to help avoid problems when updating is to use the combo update. I
also recommend disabling any third-party preference panes, menu extras, Mail
plug-ins, Safari hacks, etc. And, of course, always have a full, bootable,
clone of your system before updating. That way you can go right back to
where you were if you find a problem with 10.4.2 that is otherwise
unfixable.

Eddie Hargreaves