[X4U] Mail

Roy van der Westhuizen roy at ion.co.za
Tue Aug 2 07:46:49 PDT 2005

Hi Folks,

Can anyone help me with a mail filtering question. I run Mail 2.02 on
10.4.2. I have filters set up for all my mails. For incoming mails
they work like a dream, but for outgoing mails, they do not. I have
tried both setting up an additional filter criteria such as if > from
contains > John > filter to mailbox John, + if > to contains John >
filter to John. But my outgoing mails still all sit in the "Sent"
folder.

Alternatively I have set up a separate mail box, i.e. Joe In and Joe
Out, as a child of the former and then set the filter rule to > if to
 > contains > John > then move message to > John Out. But the mails
still sits in the Sent box.

This has been my only complaint about Mail which I have used ever
since OS X came out. Previously I used Eudora.
I feel I am missing something simple and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Roy