[X4U] Dashboard shortcut now requires fn key

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 2 11:32:54 PDT 2005

Yes, I'm well aware of what the fn key is. I had an iBook for 3+years. If I
assigned a keyboard shortcut to F7, all I needed to press was F7 (because
there is no hardware function for F7, only F1-F6). Now, with my new G4
iBook, I to press fn in order to use F7 as a Dashboard launcher. So what is
the hardware feature for F7 that is overriding the software feature?

Eddie Hargreaves