[X4U] Application to change the play rate of MP4/MP3s

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 07:33:43 PDT 2005

On Aug 2, 2005, at 4:21 PM, Eddie Hargreaves wrote:

> I haven't tried this, but you could test it out :)
> Set your Importing preferences to the sub-90kbps you want. Then
> select the
> track in the Library and choose 'Convert Selection to ...' from the
> menu.

Just wanted to point out one down side of not going back to CD and re-
importing -quality may suffer. It may not make a difference to you,
but if you re-sample/compress an already compressed audio file the
result _may_ be much worse than going straight from CD.

Would be worth giving it a shot to see what works.

Another (not-so-good?) workaround might be to set up another user (so
you have another library to work with) and just import the music from
CD at the lower bit rate. That way you still have the higher bit rate
stuff for listening from the computer, and if you're going to have
two copies anyway, this might be easier to manage.

-Mike