[X4U] Can't run 10.4.2 combo update

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 3 10:58:14 PDT 2005

I bought one of the new iBooks. When I started it up, I used the Migration
Assistant to move over my user account, prefs, apps, etc. from my old iBook,
which was running 10.4.2.

When I first installed Tiger on my old iBook, Dashboard widgets took up a
lot of Resident and Virtual Memory. The 10.4.2 update rectified that
greatly.

But on my new iBook, running 10.4.2, the widgets are once again using a lot
of memory. I figured I'd reinstall 10.4.2 using the combo update. However, I
get a message that "This volume does not meet the requirements for this
update." My new iBook has build 8D37 and my old iBook has build 8C46. What
build does everyone else have for 10.4.2? And, of course, any suggestions
for curing my ills?

Eddie Hargreaves