[X4U] Re: Reprise - Disappearing Folders

Jon Warms jwarms at mac.com
Thu Aug 4 13:21:31 PDT 2005

Bob-

I'm confused. Icons in the sidebar are really
aliases of the real items. If they disappear without
being actually removed, I think it means the volume
they're actually on is no longer available.

So none of the folders or files were actually "on" the
sidebar; they had a physical location on some volume.
For example, they might have been on a network device
that was no longer connected. Or a removable flash drive,
or hard drive that's no longer there.

So I think I'm really confused. What am I missing here?

Jon