[X4U] LaCie Hard Drive problem

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Aug 7 07:39:42 PDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 06:55:44AM CDT, eleventhvolume <colin at eleventhvolume.com> wrote:
:
: I wonder whether anybody can advise on my problem - I've used a 40gb LaCie
: pocket drive as a backup disk for at least three years without problem. I
: now find that Carbon Copy Cloner is unable to back my Powerbook drive onto
: the LaCie because it says the disk is full. The Finder confirms that there's
: only 2mb free. However, my Powerbook drive has only 31gb used with 43gb
: available. I've used Disk Utility to erase the free space on the external
: drive, to repair permissions and to repair the disk. I'm still told that
: 27gb are used and only a few mb are available.
:
: Can part of a drive become unavailable permanently and is this what's
: happened and is there something I can do about it?

Have you tried completely reformatting your 40 GB LaCie drive?

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/