[X4U] LaCie Hard Drive problem

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Wed Aug 10 16:39:30 PDT 2005

At 08:05 +0100  on 8/10/05, eleventhvolume wrote:

>  > Run Disk Utility . . .select it and erase it. If you create 2
>>  partitions and format them . . then change back to one . . . you'll
>>  recreate all the partition maps and should get the full 40 GB back.
>Many thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. I tried a
>number of times,  but it steadfastly refuses to acknowledge having more than
>27gb. Looks like I'd better invest in a new drive. Thanks once again.
>
>All the best, Colin.

>Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

Hmmm . . . something's up then. I can' imagine why a 40 GB drive
would only show up as 27. Try launching Terminal and doing a sudo
pdisk . . then hit ? to see the commands. L will show you the
partition maps and maybe you'll have some unused space. Just hit q
when done to exit without actually doing anything.