[X4U] Altering Keyboard Shortcut

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 12 10:46:59 PDT 2005

I had previously used the Keyboard Shortcuts System Preferences pane to give
Entourage's View Source menu command a shortcut of Control-S. I recently
migrated my system to a new iBook. That shortcut is now gone. I went in and
added it, but it does not appear in Entourage (and doesn't work).

I noticed that the system was writing that preference change to
~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Entourage.plist

whereas Entourage appears to be using
~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/com.microsoft.Entourage.prefs.plist

Now that Tiger uses binary preference files instead of xml, I can't use
TextEdit to paste the info from the system-created file to the actual one
(please correct me if I'm wrong).

How can I get that shortcut back?

Eddie Hargreaves
Entourage 2004 (Version 11.1.0)