[X4U] Which format for Music?

Jim Warthman jim.warthman at affinity-systems-inc.com
Sun Aug 14 09:29:50 PDT 2005

I looked at one song that's 3 min. 57 sec. long  (not statistically valid!),
and it takes the following space with various encodings:

   21 MB     ALE
   9.2 MB    AAC @ 320 kbps
   6.4 MB    AAC @ 224 kbps
   4.6 MB   AAC @ 160 kbps

You can do the arithmetic.

(Pink Floyd's Speak to Me/Breathe, if anyone cares.  :-)

Enjoy!

-- Jim