[X4U] Best OSX beginners book?

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Sun Aug 14 13:49:41 PDT 2005

On Aug 14, 2005, at 9:15 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> My 75 yr old uncle will be upgrading his 500MHz iMac running OS9 to
> OSX soon.
>
> I'm looking for the best, simple, beginners book for him to read
> and reference.
>
> I've thought of The Little Black Book by Gene Steinberg, as well as
> The Missing Manual by Pogue.
>
> What do you all think?

The recently released "Mac OS X Tiger Edition: The Missing Manual" by
David Pogue is excellent, as expected, but it hardly serves as a
"simple beginners book."  I suggest instead "Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger" by
Robin Williams (Peachpit Learning Series), which CompUSA stores had
on sale for $10 not long ago.

Fabian