[X4U] Best OSX beginners book?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Aug 14 14:07:14 PDT 2005

Crandon David said:

>My 75 yr old uncle will be upgrading his 500MHz iMac running OS9 to
>OSX soon.
>
>I'm looking for the best, simple, beginners book for him to read and
>reference.
>
>I've thought of The Little Black Book by Gene Steinberg, as well as
>The Missing Manual by Pogue.
>
>What do you all think?

It really depends on him.  Pogue's book is the best overall, but your
uncle may not be as technically inclined as that book presumes the reader
to be.

If you can get over the insulting title, this book is really quite good:

Mac OS X Tiger for Dummies by Bob LeVitus
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764576755/qid=1120181712/sr
=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-9803461-9216658?v=glance&s=books>

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html