[X4U] Which format for Music?

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 08:24:32 PDT 2005

I don't recall anyone mentioning FLAC. I use FLAC (Free Lossless Audio
Codec) to archive my cd's and then have a script (flac2mp3) which will
convert them to mp3 format to use on the iPod. I tend to prefer the
non-proprietary formats like AAC or WMF, even though, if memory serves me,
technically mp3 is proprietary and encoding them without a license is
actually illegal. When (if) ogg support is added to the iPod, I'll be all
over that.

matt.