[X4U] Off Topic : iBook sale erupts in chaos, stampede!

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 12:09:41 PDT 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 1:26 PM, Todd Crider wrote:

> This morning Henrico County located in Richmond, VA. sold 1000
> ibooks for 50
> dollars each. They were formally used by our school system which is
> now
> switching to Dell laptops (what fun that's going to be!)  Anyway, this
> literally resulted in a stampede with multiple people being hurt.
> 12,000
> showed up to purchase one.

Personally, if I were a taxpayer in that district I would be very
upset. Not just at the switch away from Macs but that they threw
thousands of dollars away by not charging more for the iBooks.
Obviously a "stampede" like that proves they could have made a lot
more from the sale. Sell them for $100 each and you've paid for
another teacher for a year or a boat load of books.

Such a waste.

-Mike