[X4U] iBook1.2GHz & the beach ball

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Aug 18 14:04:19 PDT 2005

M.Milligan said:

>I have an iBook, 2 USB, 1.2GHz, with 750MB ram. I notice when I have
>Mail and Safari running, in OS X 10.3.8 the beach ball seems to become
>more obvious when ever the computer seems to be thinking or processing.
>
>Isn't 750MB RAM enough? Can I do something to not wait upwards of 5 or
>10 seconds everytime I want to page down a page on a url?

Try running all of the routine maintenance at:

OS X Routine Maintenance and Generic Troubleshooting
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Usually that will ruturn your Mac to peak efficiency, unless you have
installed an HP driver or certain Symantec/Norton products.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html