[X4U] Searching for file name in Tiger

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 15:32:14 PDT 2005

On 8/17/05 7:22 AM, Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming that Spotlight is a work in progress.

Let's hope so. Unfortunately, the incremental updates of a major revision of
OS X seem to rarely fix glaring user interface missteps. When iChat was
introduced in Jaguar, everyone noticed that the text-input box needed to
expand to more than one line. That change didn't arrive until Panther came
out 14 months later, when everyone noticed that the new Fast User Switching
menu was too large and needed to have an option to only include the icon.
Apple made that change 18 months later when they released Tiger.

We certainly haven't seen any changes to Spotlight in the first two updates
to Tiger, but here's hoping for 10.4.3.

Eddie Hargreaves