[X4U] FTP Problems Logging In Using Safari Finder

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sat Aug 20 09:30:06 PDT 2005

 I am trying to use safari to login to one of my FTP sites:

ftp://loginname:password@domain.com

 I have safari set up to open the FTP using the Finder as opposed to a
helper application ...  And and when I finally get the window to open up in
the Finder - it is blank - when there is actual content actually there ...

Is this some kind of FTP Linux server problem -  because I can do the same
thing on another one of my Web sites that I believe is Windows server based
and it works fine?

The Finder window problem appears in OSX 10.3.9 and 10.4.2

-  When using  and FTP program such as transmit -  there are no problems.

Additional info - there may be some oddities involved here: I think things
are getting slightly confused because of the 2 @ signs -  required at my
linux  hosting environment... ( the login looks like an e-mail address)
ftp://mylogin@mydomain.com:password:@mydomain.com

-  Any ideas?

--
Thanks - RevDave