[X4U] Searching for "@" on Google?

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Aug 22 16:40:58 PDT 2005

Next to the Google search field (web page not Safari's search field) click
on "Advanced Search" and use the "with the exact phrase" field only.

I use this from time to time to really wead out the silly stuff.

Coj

Eddie Hargreaves <meged at earthlink.net>

As the original poster noted, putting it in quotes does NOT improve the
results. I've encountered the same problem with the '.' character. For
instance, when I searched for information regarding .tivo files, when I
entered .tivo into Google, it returned results matching 'tivo' and when I
typed in ".tivo" it returned the exact same results. There seem to be
certain characters that Google completely ignores. If anyone else finds a
way around this, I'd be interested in hearing it.