[X4U] making macros

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Aug 22 16:45:12 PDT 2005

Not that I've used it but I saw someone having a quick play with Tiger's
Automater. It looked like it offered quite a few options. I'm sure it
works happily with the Finder and Apple apps but I can't say for how it
would work with third-party apps.

I'm keen to have a play with it myself.

Of course, you could always AppleScript what you're after... if you know
how.

Coj

Linda <XPressoBean at mac.com>

On 8/22/05 5:25 PM, Peter Saint James wrote:

>          I want to do something simple, but I'm finding only
> complicated ways to do it.
>
>          Essentially I want something that works like macros in MS
> office programs:  record a series of keystrokes, assign a hot key,
> and have those keystrokes performed each time I hit the hot key.
> Except that I want to do this in programs like Mail and Text Edit.
>
>          Is there a program that I can use to do this?

Look for an application called QuicKeys.

<http://www.cesoft.com/>

peace,
Linda