[X4U] Movie to DVD

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Thu Aug 25 06:38:11 PDT 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 8:08 PM, Jim Dean wrote:

> Original camera was Sony 8MM Digital. The only way she able to
> export from
> the 8MM into the computer was using a Microsoft movie program that
> creates a
> wmv file.

Being a Sony camera, I'm surprised it doesn't work with iMovie to
import. I'm assuming it has a Firewire (Sony calls it iLink) port on
it. All I've ever had to do with Sony cameras is just plug the
Firewire cable from the camera to the Mac, start up the camera, start
up iMovie, and push play on the camera. Do you know the model number
of the camera? If so, maybe someone here can tell you definitively,
or you can check <http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/
camcorders.html> for the list of supported cameras. Note that just
because its not on the list doesn't mean it won't work.

-Mike