[X4U] connecting to hotel wireless network

Peter Apockotos mastermacchief at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:30:40 PDT 2005

On Aug 28, 2005, at 3:27 PM, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for the pointers.  I will walk him through some
> things on his next stop.
>
> To answer some questions...
>
> 1) Yes, he has the same results with Safari, Explorer, and Firefox.
> 2) Yes, I had his set it to Automatic
> 3) No, he has not done it before, this is a first.
>
> Cross your fingers!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Samantha

My dad recently purchased DSL service from Verizon with their
wireless router.
I am use to my iBook automatically connecting to open networks.
But at my dad's house it wasn't happening.  I wasn't able to connect
to the network.   Until I selected it from the Airport menu item.
Then I was happily surfing on the net.