[X4U] Mail downloading erratic

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Tue Aug 30 08:35:16 PDT 2005

Thanks for the tip. I was having slowdown problems with Mail and my
Dot Mac account. It would freeze in Mail but I could download easily
using the web interface in Safari. Now it's much better. And I found
a few messages that could be deleted.

But when I tried it on another account (POP) it kept giving me
messages which I wanted to get rid of which I did. Then when I
rebuilt, the messages came back. I had to do it a couple of times
before they disappeared in Mail. I would delete them, go to the
Mailbox menu and "Erase Deleted Messages" but they would keep
reappearing as Unread messages.

So, my question is: What exactly is the "Rebuild" command doing? I'm
curious ... and also curious why it was so difficult to remove email
messages.

Milton