[X4U] Pages dictionary

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Tue Aug 30 18:14:37 PDT 2005

Oddly enough, I can't get the Dictionary popup at all in Pages. It's
weird because it comes up in other Cocoa apps (TextEdit, Mail, etc.)
and Pages is a Cocoa app so it should work exactly the same way.
Anyone know why this is? Should I try deleting Pages and reinstalling?

As for your question Jan, in most Cocoa apps the language of the
spelling dictionary not only sticks for that app, but for all Cocoa
apps. But maybe Pages works differently than other Cocoa apps? I
would try choosing the dictionary you want, and then save it as a
custom template. If you want always want that language for the
spelling dictionary, you can go into Pages Preferences and set your
custom template to open by default.

Hope that helps. :)

Adam