[X4U] 3 network questions

Colt Freeman cfreeman at liberty.edu
Thu Dec 1 08:55:09 PST 2005

Question 1, I have an http server at my school that windows users can get to
by typing, http://yourmomatlu I however had to ping it and use 10.13.16.24

Because his file server is in asp I can't navigate to most of it nor
download anything due to the ASP code is prefexed by yourmomatlu is there
anyway around this?

Question 2, on a windows box I can ping servers called, one, two, and others
just by typing 'ping one' in the command window. (They are internal servers)
How do I do this on Mac?

Question 3, How do I access my own computer from another one on campus, for
some reason when I go into sharing in system prefs click personal file
sharing it tells me that I can access my computer at afp://jamielaptop/ My
computer name is Ideal, no where is jamielaptop entered in my computer. So
I'm assuming that I'm getting an IP from some other students computer, What
am I doing wrong? Is there a way to easily get to my computer from windows
AND mac boxes from around the campus?

Thanks, if that's confusing just ask me to reword it and I'll do my best.
-Colt