[X4U] Using Panther's Find/Finder in Tiger

Ray Choiniere rfchoiniere at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 09:50:02 PST 2005

On 12/1/05, Eddie Hargreaves <meged at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 12/1/05 4:49 AM, net kat <netkat at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm curious what you can't find in Tiger that you can find in Panther.
>
> How about invisible files?

Maybe I missed the point, but you can select from a very large list of
search criteria, including visible/invisible in Tiger.  Under "Kind"
in the search window, select "Other" and  after a rather lengthy delay
another window opens in which there are umpty-seven criteria listed.
You'll find "Visibility" there. Oh, and if you use it often you  might
check the "Add to Favorites" box just because calling it up this way
each time is tedious. Putting it in the "Favorites" box keeps it
immediately available.

(Or am I just being dense about a good-natured, tongue-in-cheek exchange here?)

HTH
Ray