[X4U] Re: iTunes download

Lists lists at tntluoma.com
Tue Dec 6 17:35:17 PST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 4:48 PM, alexandre wrote:

> doesn't that remind you of the days when movies were released in
> july in the us and then in november in europe? and what about zones
> in dvds?

Yeah, like those lousy Harry Potter books and movies.  What's up with
that, coming out in the UK before the US?

> apparently these guys (majors, studios et al.) have only just heard
> about the internet, the global village and the fact that borders
> are a thing of the past.

Yeah, like the Harry Potter author who didn't want an e-book
available because it would be pirated.  There was a scanned ebook in
hours after the print version was available.  Teams of people across
the world teamed up to scan in concert.

> the sooner they (majors) disappear the better!
>
> back to itunes! i was thinking of the following solution:
>
> -get a friend of mine in new york to buy me a itunes prepaid card
>
> -send me the code by mail
>
> -i log in to the us music store as my friend
>
> -download the shows!
>
> …but… will this work? any ideas?

I suspect it will go to wherever the address is for the iTunes
account, unless they are checking your IP when you come to the store.

Irony is that I know people who would probably buy the Lost episodes
if they were available, but now get them on eDonkey instead.

A big "Du-uh" to the movie/tv execs....

TjL