[X4U] Setting up Netgear DG834G problem

David Ledger dledger at ivdcs.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 10 07:46:15 PST 2005

>From: Stroller <macmonster at myrealbox.com>
>On Dec 6, 2005, at 10:51 pm, Michel Treisman wrote:
>>    I have replaced my Speedtouch router with a Netgear DG834G Wireless
>>  ADSL Firewall Router, in order that I can get online wirelessly with
>>  my AlBook
<snip>
>>  I wanted to use WPA and I tried pairing up WPA-PSK from Netgear with
>>  WPA Personal from Internet Connect, but the wi-fi connection stops
>>  working when I do this, and I have to go back to no security, to get
>>  online again.
>
>I haven't tried WPA on the Netgear, only on a Belkin which a customer
>(or his helpful mate) had setup. I had no joy with that & reverted to
>WEP.
>
>Stroller.

I use 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' with my
DG834GT, but I can't see what the counterpart is in 'Internet
Connect' now. Being as it's set, it doesn't ask me and doesn't show
me the options. But one of them does work. Rather not break it to
find out which I use :-).

David

--
David Ledger - Freelance Unix Sysadmin in the UK.
Chair of HPUX SysAdmin SIG of hpUG technical user group (www.hpug.org.uk)
david.ledger at ivdcs.co.uk
www.ivdcs.co.uk