[X4U] Repair PB 867

Robert Ashton rashton at telus.net
Tue Dec 13 07:53:45 PST 2005

I am positive that you have  a ram  problem. On machines that only
have one ram module, if you pull that module out  and  turn the
machine on you will get a single tone. This tells  you that ran is
missing or not  being recognized. Ram not being recognized is from
two things. Bad ram or dirty contacts. So the first thing that I
would try is cleaning the contacts. You can  clean the contacts
using  a pencil eraser. Make sure that you ground your self first. If
you watch the  contacts you should be able to see the oxidation being
removed from the  contacts. Even if you have  bad ram your machine
could still run. This could explain why it took 15 hours for drive
10. I have  never used drive 10 so I don't know for sure if 15 hours
is realistic.  Bob