[X4U] Repair PB 867

Robert Ashton rashton at telus.net
Tue Dec 13 08:19:38 PST 2005

According to Apple one beep is that no ram is detected. Two beeps is
wrong ram is installed. 3 beeps is no ram passed memory testing. 4
beeps is bad checksum for the remainder of the boot rom. If you have
both ram sockets filled I would try one module at a time. Odds are
that both didn't go down.  As for it showing up now doesn't mean that
this hasn't being coming for some time. Just means that you have
noticed it until now.  Bob