[X4U] VNC client that can resize

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 12:51:47 PST 2005

>> I run OSXVnc-server on an iMac G5 and I connect to it using Chicken of the
>> VNC. However, the iMac's screen resolution is 1440x900 and the iBook's is
>> 1024x768, so I tend to have to do a lot of scrolling in order to get to the
>> Dock, the menubar, the HD icon, etc. What OS X VNC client can I use that
>> will resize the iMac's display to completely fit within the confines of the
>> iBook's screen?
>
> Don't look at the client, look at the server you're running.  You
> have to start it in the resolution you need.

That's what I thought originally. However, I recently installed a VNC client
from RealVNC on my Windows machine at work and I was able to connect to my
iMac using the "Scale to window size" option checked. It shrunk the iMac's
screen image to fit on my 1024x768 PC monitor. So my question remains: Is
there an OS X program that can do what the Windows program can?