[X4U] Go to a site.

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Tue Dec 13 14:34:32 PST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I used to try to repair the Powerbook to have at least one Mac
> which can connect to www.telenet.be.  I still can't.  I always get
> this error:
>
> Safari can’t open the page “http://www.telenet.be/”. The error was:
> “POSIX error: Permission denied” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:13) Please
> choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error
> number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.
>
> What can be wrong.  Can an ethernet hub be the culprit?  I don't
> get that site on our 4 Macs.  All the other sites in the world are
> no problem.

No.

I was able to get to the site, from the US, a few minutes ago. It
could be a temporary DNS problem or a routing issue between you and
them. Try looking up the site's IP address and doing a traceroute
with "Network Utility". (It's located in the Utilities folder.) The
first will tell you if you can properly resolve their name to an
address and the later will tell you at what point packets stop
routing if that's the problem.

Phil