Subject: Re: [X4U] Save my marriage!

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 13 15:17:18 PST 2005

At 6:28 AM -0800 12/13/05, Jim Robertson wrote:

> 2. We didn't get far enough into the demo of the sewing machine to
> discuss
> what can be done with an attached personal computer, but the software
> apparently is Windows-only, the Husqvarna company ships the
> software on 3.5
> inch floppies, AND uses a hardware dongle for license verification.
> Does
> anyone know whether this is beyond the ken of Virtual PC and a USB
> floppy
> drive?

I'm on another list where the same subject came up. I sew enough
myself that I've drooled over those machines, so I paid attention to
the discussion--and no, your wife would not be happy with some
Brother machine. Husqvarna makes really nice sewing machines, even at
the lower end, which is what I bought my daughters (I myself am still
chugging away with a 30 year old Riccar). Anyway, one person referred
to this website for tips on dealing with the dongle:

http://www.corporaterefugee.com/pc_on_mac.html

Another said his wife had opted for a cheap PC, but this was years
ago (maybe even before OSX) when they couldn't get the dongle to work
properly.

Mary