[X4U] Save my marriage!

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Dec 13 20:52:12 PST 2005

On 12/13/05 6:44 AM, "Kirk McElhearn" <kirklists at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I know that some USB hardware dongles will work with VPC, but you'd
> be better off contacting the manufacturer first before making that
> kind of investment...

Thanks for all the advice. I posted a similar question to a Husqvarna Yahoo
group and received MANY replies from people who love these machines. They
sound more enthusiastic than people who make the pilgrimage to Moscone each
January to hear Steve intone "just one more thing..." repetitively.

Most who addressed the VPC connection reported that it was cheaper just to
buy the most inexpensive windows laptop one could find and consider IT as a
peripheral to the sewing machine...

A few said they'd managed to make VPC work with the Dongle, but needed to
reboot from time to time.

Jim Robertson