[X4U] Save my marriage!

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Wed Dec 14 06:53:06 PST 2005

At 6:15 AM -0800, 12/14/05, Jim Robertson wrote:

>On 12/14/05 12:32 AM, "Kirk McElhearn" <kirklists at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>>  True, you can probably find a used old PC laptop for a couple hundred
>>  bucks; with luck, you might even find someone to give you one, if
>>  it's old enough. If the software is still on floppy disks, it must be
>>  pretty old and not need much of a processor.
>
>I think the software comes on floppies in part because the machine ITSELF
>has a 3.5" drive.

But the reason that the machine has a 3.5" drive is that it wants
copy protection on the floppies. They could be using a USB port or a
flash drive connector for a much cheaper price, but then they'd lose
the copy protection abilities that currently have available to them.
--

Robert Ameeti

Women's breasts are like Electric Train Sets: They're meant for kids, but usually it's the fathers who wind up playin' with them.