[X4U] WMV on a DVD?

Michael Peterson mapeterson42 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 05:27:33 PST 2005

On 12/14/05, joshua hough <soyjourner at mac.com> wrote:
>  Are there players that actually read WMV?

I apologize for answering the portion of the question that is probably
the least helpful to you, however it's the part I know the answer to.
The answer is yes, there are definitely players out there that have
the capibility of playing WMV.  A friend of mine just bought a new DVD
player after his old one died and playing WMV was one of the features.
 As I think about I'm not sure if there is a way to update the codecs
or the player itself, so now I'm wondering how long that will be
useful, but the possiblity is out there.

I also mention that because it does seem as though that is considered
a "feature".  So if the manual for your player doesn't mention the
ability to play WMVs, you probably can't do it directly with that
player.

-mike