[X4U] Making greeting cards

Ray Choiniere rfchoiniere at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:22:40 PST 2005

Jim, my wife does a great deal of digital photography and produces
cards of the same sort you're describing. She's been printing the
images to Epson paper on her own Epson R300, and has been very pleased
with the results. (Sorry; I don't know which particular paper, except
that it's glossy.)

The problem is that doing all this with the Epson paper has been very
labor-intensive: [1] print the image to the Epson paper, [2] fold
other non-glossy paper stock to appropriate card size and [3] paste
the image to the stock. This makes a wonderful card, but . . .

She loves her photography, but this has been a bit much even for her,
so she has just ordered and received a rather nice paper sampler
package from redriverpaper.com.  Although she hasn't tested it much,
she is so far quite pleased, especially since she can now use the Red
River paper to do exactly what you describe wanting to do. She still
prefers the glossy, but the sampler includes other paper as well.

Sorry I don't have more details to offer. My Resident Expert is out of
town at the moment, but her level of experience and her satisfaction
so far suggests that this Red River thing is worth considering.

HTH
Ray