[X4U] OT - Secure Web Page Validation Problem

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Sat Dec 17 21:21:34 PST 2005

Thanks, Nick. Isn't it always the way when you finally ask a question
that's been bugging you? I just noticed something about the
pages  ... I wonder if it's the extensions that are giving me the
problems.

I redid the page as "dot html" instead of "dot shtml" and it seems to
work better. I've had them as "dot shtml" since I set it up a couple
of years ago and I haven't had many complaints till the past month or
so. (Maybe more people are using Firefox now.)

There is really no reason to use the "dot shtml" extension is there?
I had always thought that the "s" in front of the file extensions in
a secure site was needed. Am I wrong?

... and I noticed that you used the "dot html" extension when you
uploaded the file too.

Milton